GOVITA DNA TESTS
Using our Customised Chip to Test your Clients' Genetic Code for Understanding any Underlying Genetic Deficiency
Our self-designed functional gene loci and DNA chips detect genes encoding metabolic enzymes, transporters and receptors. Govita DNA tests help doctors to make clinical diagnosis or treatment choices, taking patients DNA profile into account.
Genetic variations are crucial for metabolism of vitamins, proteins, fats and carbohydrates. The mutations of these genes could affect one’s health, such as oxidative stress, gastrointestinal distress, chronic fatigue, osteoporosis and so on.
Test items: Nutrient absorption and bioavailability of
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B9
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- Iron overload
- Heavy metal removal
Different people are exposed to different levels of stress, which leads to chronic fatigue, obesity and hair loss. This test panel uncovers mutations of the genes associated with anxiety, depression and clinical emotion conditions.
- Stress resistance
- Stress resilience
- Depression risk
Gene encoding enzymes are responsible for converting T4 to T3, which is the main active thyroid hormone for proper body functions.
- D2 enzyme activity for conversion of T4 to T3
- Hypothyroidism assessment and treatment suggestions
Toxins are the source of many diseases; this panel discover the detox ability of a person.
- Detoxification of potential carcinogens that upregulate tumorigenesis
- Detoxification of xenobiotics
- Bile acid detoxification ability
- Detoxification ability of required drugs from blood
- Protection from oxidative stress and free radical damage
- Detoxification ability of herbicides, fungicides, solvents, heavy metals
- Detoxification of degraded neurotransmitters from the body
Imbalanced estrogen metabolites have been recognized as risk factors for losing quality of life and the development of breast cancer or osteoporosis. This panel uncovers mutations of major genes in the estrogen metabolism.
- Risk of development of estrogen-related breast cancer
- Risk of endometrial cancer and uterine leiomyoma
- Tendency for sex-hormone deficiency and reduced bone mineral density
- Tendency of estrogen mediated carcinogenicity
- Protection ability from harmful free radicals emerging from estrogen metabolism
- Effect of estradiol conversion to 4-hydroxyestradiol (potential to turn malignant)
- Aromatase enzyme (conversion of androgens to estrogens) activity
- Risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Response to anti-breast cancer drugs
- Carcinogenicity risk of long-term hormone replacement therapy
The methylation cycle is a biochemical pathway that contributes to detoxification, immune responses, DNA repair, energy production, mood balancing, and controlling inflammation. We test genetic variants that disrupt the normal functions of the enzymes in the pathway, leading to imbalanced metabolites and premature aging.
- Ability to breakdown proteins and fats – tendency for Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Effect of methylation on the cardiovascular and nervous system
- Risk of elevated homocysteine levels (associated with cardiovascular disease risk)
- Risk of decreased anti-oxidant synthesis
- Risk of abnormal dopamine levels (associated with cognitive and emotional disorders)
- Ability of the body to metabolize folic acid
- Detoxification of Ammonia (required to prevent ischemic stroke, myocardial infarction, coronary spasm, arterial hypertension)
- Methylation of key methyl group donors
- Risk of vitamin D deficiency due to methylation imbalance
Neurotransmitters are essential for human neuro-functions. How our body produces normal neurotransmitter levels depends on the metabolic pathway enzymes coded by the related genes. The mutations of these genes disturb the enzyme functions leading to abnormal neurotransmitter levels thus causing neuro-dysfunctions.
- Dopamine metabolism and transmission – tendency for abnormal levels
- Regulation of serotonin concentration in the brain
- Risk of GABA neurotransmitter insufficiency
- Risk of BDNF insufficiency which can maintain the functioning of nerve cells in the brain
- Response to anti-psychotic drugs
The novel genetic biomarkers can detect early CVD can provide more precise prevention and intervention in the early stage.
- Atherosclerosis risk
- Prolonged QT interval risk
- Artrial remodeling risk
- Cardiac stress risk
- Response to cardiac health drugs
- Response to diet and supplements that improve cardiac health
Discover How We Can Help You
To understand health solution we can offer specifically for you, we are happy to arrange a private consultation. You are also welcome to write to us about your experience with Govita’s services.